The Class 481/482 is an electric multiple unit train for the Berlin S-Bahn which was designed to replace the aging rail cars after the German reunification in 1990. In 1990 most of the rail cars were still composed of mostly Class 475, 476 and 477… Read More
The Berlin U-Bahn uses 750-volt DC electric trains that run on standard gauge (1,435mm) tracks. The first trains were based on trams and take their power from an upward facing third rail.
In the early 1970s London Transport placed an order for a new fleet of trains to replace the 1959 stock, the 1938 stock and 1962 stock vehicles which previously operated on the Piccadilly line.